NHS Blood & Transplant employs over 5,000 people in over 200 locations across the UK. This remarkable organisation provides a blood and transplantation service to the NHS, looking after blood donation services in England and transplant services across the UK. This includes managing the donation, storage and transplantation of blood, organs, tissues, bone marrow and stem cells, and researching new treatments and processes.
Manufacturing operations have been transformed in recent years and manufacturing and testing sites have been consolidated. A new, integrated supply chain approach has helped balance supply and demand. This has led to an increase in productivity since 2008/09 of 75% in manufacturing and 98% in testing. This places both functions in the top quartile of the European Blood Alliance (EBA) benchmarking scheme.
This visit is being hosted at the manufacturing and processing centre in Filton, Bristol and it will provide an insight into how this incredible organisation has developed and applied a programme of continuous improvement within a diverse and highly complex organisation. NHS Blood & Transplant has a unique role within the wider NHS of saving and improving lives through relationships and services delivered to both volunteer donors and hospitals.
During the visit you will:
– Understand the NHS Blood & Transplant Continuous Improvement journey that has been supported by lean principles.
– See first-hand how processes have been improved in different settings of manufacturing, laboratory and support functions using continuous improvement principles.
– Understand how continuous improvement functions are responding to business needs and cultural challenges.
– Understand how the organisation’s external partnerships and exchange forums contribute to the continuation and development of best practice.
– See how NHS Blood & Transplant has achieved engagement through local champions.
To book or for more information:
Phone: 023 9246 8978
Cost: £345 per person
Group discounts available